Some symbols evoke assurances of quality. The Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval is one of them. A UL approval is another. LEED certification says your home supports sustainability. Now there’s a new WELL for residential certification that says your home is healthy, safe, quiet and resilient. I wrote about this long-awaited credential that rolled out in January from the International Well Building Institute. You can read about it here – including why you it’s worthwhile to bring a credentialed WELL professional to design, build or remodel your home.
Utah resort community Velvaere is one of the WELL for residential pilot projects. [PHOTO COURTESY: MAGLEBY DEVELOPMENT.]
I was delighted to be quoted in this informative Better Homes & Gardens article about artificial intelligence for home design. You can read it here.
FIVE REASONS TO GET MY NEW BONUS CHAPTER
Since my award-winning Wellness by Design book went to press right before the world shut down in 2020, I decided to write a BONUS CHAPTER. It’s FREE with your purchase of the book itself. Here are five reasons why you should click through to your favorite independent bookstore, Barnes & Noble or Amazon to get your copy NOW!
- There are so many ways that nature has to wreck your home. Find out how to make it more resilient.
- Are you caring for your parents or in-laws? Find out how to make it better, safer and easier with tips on multi-generational planning.
- Do you need more space? (Who doesn’t, right???) Find out how to make your rooms do double-duty without taking down walls.
- Is noise driving you crazy? Find out how to make your living spaces quieter. (And why it’s so important to do so.)
- Have you been wondering about artificial intelligence and other new technologies? Find out what they can do for you!
Here are a few links from around the web to enhance your home, health, safety and life:
Health-related: Noise comes in a range of colors besides white – Washington Post via San Diego Union-Tribune
Remodeling-related: Durable flooring for kitchens and baths – Fine Homebuilding
Safety-related: 11 Ticking time bombs in your house – and what to do about them – BobVila.com