This year has really flown by, hasn’t it? Here we are a week and a day shy of Thanksgiving. Yowza!
My guest will be arriving next Wednesday night by train. My guest suite will be ready. What about your guests and home? Are you hosting any friends or family this year? Do you have cleaning, shopping and cooking scheduled? Are you concerned about COVID transmission? (I’m getting tested before my friend arrives to ensure his safety. He gets tested at work to help ensure mine.)
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, but it can be a bit much with all of the extra obligations. Self care is important all-year-round, but especially so between T’Day and New Year’s. My latest piece for Forbes.com can help you cope.
I’ll be talking with the three experts who contributed to the piece this afternoon on Clubhouse. Be sure to tune into hear their ideas that I couldn’t fit in, and get a chance to ask questions and share your own solutions.
Organic bedding, nature views and soft surfaces create a self care-supporting bedroom.
[PHOTO COURTESY OF 9 TEN DESIGN. DESIGNER: LENORA DEMARS; PHOTOGRAPHER: MICHAEL SAGE // WELLNESS BY DESIGN (TILLER PRESS, (C) J. GOLD)]
Here’s a link to the Clubhouse conversation. It starts TODAY at 4 PM Eastern / 1 PM Pacific and all the related timeframes!
- ALSO TODAY! I’m delighted to be guest-hosting another @KBtribechat on Twitter! And we’re giving away five copies of my WELLNESS BY DESIGN book, so you’re definitely going to want to participate! It starts at 2 PM Eastern / 11 AM Pacific TODAY! The sponsor is @Miele. The topic is Kitchens for (Healthy) Entertaining. The link is now live here, so you can see the questions and instructions on participating (and winning a copy of the book!). Hope to see you there soon.
- I was interviewed for a lovely podcast called Sacred Spaces about optimizing your home. You can listen here.
- I was also interviewed by Zillow for its latest report: Thanksgiving Kitchen Features That Can Boost a Home’s Value. You can read it here.
Here are the next Clubhouse sessions coming up.
- 11/17 Self-Care Home Spaces – TODAY!
- 12/1 Wellness Design-Inspired Gift Ideas
- 12/15 Healthy Home-inspired Resolutions
2022 CLUBHOUSE EVENTS
- 1/5 2022 Wellness Design Forecast
- 1/19 Creating Healthy Pantry Spaces
- 2/2 Wellness Design and Technology
- 2/16 Wellness Design and Autism
- 3/2 Tile Trends and Wellness Design
- 3/16 Creating Healthy Bedrooms
PAST CLUBHOUSE RECORDINGS
Here are links to Clubhouse recordings from past sessions:
- 6/2 Smart Homes / Healthy Homes — Recording Link!
- 6/16 Home Fitness Spaces — Recording Link!
- 7/7 DIY-Friendly Outdoor Wellness Design — Recording Link!
- 7/21 Healthy Kid Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/4 Healthy Work from Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/18 Smart Home CEDIA Expo Preview — Recording Link
- 9/1 Great Grill Centers (in time for Labor Day) — Recording Link
- 9/15 Laundry and Flex Rooms — Recording Link
- 10/6 Small Appliances for Healthy Living — Recording Link
- 10/20 Healthy Beverage Centers — Recording Link
- 11/3 Healthy Holiday Entertaining at Home — Recording Link
As you might have noticed, there’s a FREE DOWNLOAD available! Click here to get yourself a copy while it’s still live!
The next FREE DOWNLOAD will look at how your home can help support your New Year’s Resolutions. Look for a new link next month!
I’m a pretty avid reader on wellness-related topics and decided to share some of the riches I’m finding with my Gold Notes readers. Here are a few links you might find interesting and helpful:
- Safety-related: Here’s why you don’t plug space heaters into power strips (Fox2 Detroit)
- Guest-related: 8 Tips for stocking your kitchen for guests (Around My Family Table Blog)
- Real estate-related: What is a mixed use neighborhood? (Blue Zones)