I love art! I have original pieces created by friends and my late father on display. I have other original artworks I’ve collected on trips or from local artists wherever I’ve lived hanging throughout my three story townhouse. Art helps make a house a home. It also has therapeutic value, as one of my sources, president of the American Art Therapy Association shared in my latest piece. You can read that here.
If you need a nature break, a digital artwork can help provide it on a TV screen.
(PHOTO: THE FRAME TV / SAMSUNG)
All three sources for this art-centric article will be my guests this afternoon in my one-year anniversary Clubhouse WELLNESS WEDNESDAYS event! You can catch that here.
If you work in the design industry, my latest Trend Spotting in Kitchen & Bath Design News could be interesting and helpful. I took a look at ESG — Environmental, Social and Governance — and how this set of considerations is impacting the industry.
TODAY on Clubhouse — 1st Anniversary Event!!!
I’ll be talking about the role art plays in wellness design with a panel of experts this afternoon at 4 pm EST, 1 pm PST and all the related time zones. I hope you’ll join us!
Summer Clubhouse Preview:
- 7/6 Beat the Heat
- 7/20 The Wellness Benefits of Co-Living
- 8/3 Back to School
- 8/17 Work from Home Spaces
- 9/7 New Smart Home Technologies
- 9/21 Garages
Past Clubhouse Recordings
Here are links to Clubhouse recordings from past sessions:
- 5/4 Creating Spa Bathrooms — Recording Link
- 4/20 Wellness Design and Appliances — Recording Link
- 3/16 Healthy Bedroom Spaces — Recording Link
- 3/2 Wellness Design and Tile Trends — Recording Link
- 2/16 Wellness Design and Autism — Recording Link
- 2/2 New Technology Ideas — Recording Link
- 1/19 Healthy Pantry Spaces — Recording Link
- 1/5 Top 2022 Wellness Design Trends — Recording Link
- 6/2 Smart Homes / Healthy Homes — Recording Link
- 6/16 Home Fitness Spaces — Recording Link
- 7/7 DIY-Friendly Outdoor Wellness Design — Recording Link
- 7/21 Healthy Kid Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/4 Healthy Work from Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/18 Smart Home CEDIA Expo Preview — Recording Link
- 9/1 Great Grill Centers (in time for Labor Day) — Recording Link
- 9/15 Laundry and Flex Rooms — Recording Link
- 10/6 Small Appliances for Healthy Living — Recording Link
- 10/20 Healthy Beverage Centers — Recording Link
- 11/3 Healthy Holiday Entertaining at Home — Recording Link
- 11/17 Self Care Spaces — Recording Link
- 12/1 Healthy Home Holiday Gift Ideas (And Pro Shopping Tips) — Recording Link
- 12/15 Achieving Your New Year’s Resolutions with Wellness Design — Recording Link
I’m a pretty avid reader on wellness-related topics and decided to share some of the riches I’m finding with my Gold Notes readers. Here are a few links you might find interesting and helpful:
- Nature-related: This iPhone feature will turn you into a plant expert (Apartment Therapy)
- Home-related: Small fixes ward off costly home hazards (San Diego Union-Tribune)
- Nature-related: Forest bathing could be the key to feeling better (CNN Health)