When I decided to pursue my Mayo Clinic Certified Wellness Coach accreditation in 2018, I knew I’d be completing much of the program remotely. Fortunately, I was already set up for distance learning in my well-connected home office. For parents of K-12 students, that may not be the case. How do you set up your kids for homework and studying success? My latest piece covers that. You can read it here on Forbes.com.
Bedrooms are often the preferred study zone for school kids.
(Mary Patton Design / Molly Culver Photographer)
My three contributors — interior designer Mary Patton and two educational experts — will be my guests this afternoon (4 pm ET / 1 pm PT) on Clubhouse to discuss back-to-school tips and trends for your home. Here’s the link, which you need to access from your smart phone. Hope you’ll join us!
Happening TODAY on Clubhouse!
Join me and my guest moderators for a fun, informative hour making your home friendly for back-to-school time! (We’ll be talking about K-12 and adult study areas too!) The convo takes place at 4 pm EST, 1 pm PST next Wednesday afternoon (and all the related time zones). I hope you’ll join us!
- 8/3 Creating Healthy Back to School Home Spaces
- 8/17 Creating Healthy Work from Home Spaces
- 9/7 New Smart Home Technology and Wellness Design
- 9/21 Creating Great Garage Spaces
- 10/19 Designing for Hearing and Vision Loss
Past Clubhouse Recordings
Here are links to Clubhouse recordings from past sessions.
- 7/20 Wellness Benefits of Co-living — Recording Link
- 7/6 Beat the Heat — Recording Link
- 6/15 Designing with Plants — Recording Link
- 6/1 Wellness Design and Pets — Recording Link
- 5/18 Wellness Design and Art — Recording Link
- 5/4 Spa Bathrooms — Recording Link
- 4/20 Wellness Design and Appliances — Recording Link
- 3/16 Healthy Bedroom Spaces — Recording Link
- 3/2 Wellness Design and Tile Trends — Recording Link
- 2/16 Wellness Design and Autism — Recording Link
- 2/2 New Technology Ideas — Recording Link
- 1/19 Healthy Pantry Spaces — Recording Link
- 1/5 Top 2022 Wellness Design Trends — Recording Link
- 6/2 Smart Homes / Healthy Homes — Recording Link
- 6/16 Home Fitness Spaces — Recording Link
- 7/7 DIY-Friendly Outdoor Wellness Design — Recording Link
- 7/21 Healthy Kid Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/4 Healthy Work from Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/18 Smart Home CEDIA Expo Preview — Recording Link
- 9/1 Great Grill Centers (in time for Labor Day) — Recording Link
- 9/15 Laundry and Flex Rooms — Recording Link
- 10/6 Small Appliances for Healthy Living — Recording Link
- 10/20 Healthy Beverage Centers — Recording Link
- 11/3 Healthy Holiday Entertaining at Home — Recording Link
- 11/17 Self Care Spaces — Recording Link
- 12/1 Healthy Home Holiday Gift Ideas (And Pro Shopping Tips) — Recording Link
- 12/15 Achieving Your New Year’s Resolutions with Wellness Design — Recording Link
NEW — FREE DOWNLOAD
Heatwaves are wilting people, pets and plants across the country. How hot is it where you live? And when might it cool down? If you’re baking or steaming, take a minute to download my FREE one page Beat the Heat tip sheet for 14 ideas on staying cooler at home this summer.
I’m a pretty avid reader on wellness-related topics and decided to share some of the riches I’m finding with my Gold Notes readers. Here are a few links you might find interesting and helpful:
- Design-related: Defining your own style (Washington Post via San Diego Union-Tribune)
- Outdoor-related: Small patio ideas (Martha Stewart Living)
- Sustainability-related: Here’s What You Need to Know About Installing Solar Panels (Washington Post via San Diego Union-Tribune)