GOLD NOTESNUGGETS FROM THE WORLD OF RESIDENTIAL DESIGN
There’s no doubt that this holiday season is tons better than last year’s! Am I right??? We don’t yet know how this new Omicron variant will impact our holiday celebrations, but let’s do what we can to stay safe and healthy! That includes our homes, of course.
My latest Forbes.com article, FAST FACTS video on YouTube and Clubhouse conversation share healthy home gift ideas for the holidays. You can read the article here. You can watch the two-minute video here. You can join the Clubhouse conversation here at 4 PM Eastern / 1 PM Pacific time this afternoon!
Wellness coach Serena Scanzillo suggests weighted blankets as a healthy home gift this season
(Photo: Lucid Comfort Collection / Available at Lowes.com)
BONUS HOLIDAY GIFT IDEA
Here are 10 reasons why books make awesome holiday gifts:
- You never have to worry whether a book will be the right size
- The recipient won’t outgrow a book gift
- You’re probably not going to run into any supply chain issues with book gifts
- You can support an author you like
- You can buy a book in person or online
- A book will entertain its recipient for hours or days
- A book can be shared by more than one member of a household
- A book can fill a recipient’s cherished library
- A book can be passed along through a free little library
- A book can help your recipient make his or her life better.
- I was delighted to be quoted in a new Houzz.com Ideabook on wellness design. You can enjoy that here.
- My latest Trend Spotting on 2021 trends and a 2022 preview just published on Kitchen & Bath Design News‘ website. You can read it here.
Join me, wellness coach Serena Scanzillo, interior designer Cheryl Kees Clendenon and shopping pro Trae Bodge this afternoon for an all-new Clubhouse conversation on healthy home/wellness design gift ideas for the holidays. It’ll be a good opportunity to ask your questions and share your own ideas. It starts at 4 pm Eastern / 1 pm Pacific. Hope you’ll come check it out — no hair or makeup fixes needed!
2022 CLUBHOUSE EVENTS
- 1/5 2022 Wellness Design Forecast
- 1/19 Creating Healthy Pantry Spaces
- 2/2 Wellness Design and Technology
- 2/16 Wellness Design and Autism
- 3/2 Tile Trends and Wellness Design
- 3/16 Creating Healthy Bedrooms
PAST CLUBHOUSE RECORDINGS
Here are links to Clubhouse recordings from past sessions:
- 6/2 Smart Homes / Healthy Homes — Recording Link!
- 6/16 Home Fitness Spaces — Recording Link!
- 7/7 DIY-Friendly Outdoor Wellness Design — Recording Link!
- 7/21 Healthy Kid Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/4 Healthy Work from Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/18 Smart Home CEDIA Expo Preview — Recording Link
- 9/1 Great Grill Centers (in time for Labor Day) — Recording Link
- 9/15 Laundry and Flex Rooms — Recording Link
- 10/6 Small Appliances for Healthy Living — Recording Link
- 10/20 Healthy Beverage Centers — Recording Link
- 11/3 Healthy Holiday Entertaining at Home — Recording Link
- NEW! 11/17 Self Care Spaces — Recording Link
Twitter Event Preview
I’m delighted to be guest-hosting another @KBtribechat on Twitter December 8 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific. The sponsor is Duravit. The topic is Luxury Bathrooms (With Wellness Design Emphasis). The link isn’t live yet, but you can catch this fun Twitter chat regularly on Wednesdays here.
As you might have noticed, there’s a FREE DOWNLOAD available! Click here to get yourself a copy while it’s still live!
It will be disappearing in less than two weeks to make way for a new FREEBIE! Coming soon:
I’m a pretty avid reader on wellness-related topics and decided to share some of the riches I’m finding with my Gold Notes readers. Here are a few links you might find interesting and helpful:
- Fitness-related: Stay active with 6 low-impact workouts (Kaiser Permanente Thrive)
- Safety-related: Home Safety- 8 Top Tips for the Holidays (Thyme & Pace Design Blog)
- Health-related: The Secret to Stress Free Holidays (Design Happy Living Blog)