Happy New Year! I hope your holidays were healthy, happy and safe. I stayed home for the most part, venturing out for hikes, rucks and walks, and avoiding the craziness of Christmas season travel — as I do every year. It literally takes someone close to me dying to get me on plane between Thanksgiving week and New Year’s weekend.
So here we are in the first week of January 2023. I started strength training again today with my workout buddy in Canada. I expect I’ll be seriously sore tomorrow, but one of my “everyday athlete” goals for thriving in my 60s is keeping my bones strong. Lifting weights is part of that. I started working out in my living room when Covid shut down my gym. I realized, like millions of other folks, that I really prefer exercising at home, so I still do.
In my next place, I intend to have a dedicated fitness room. So my latest piece on creating those spaces with expert tips will come in handy. It could come in handy for you even sooner. Here’s a link to enjoy, bookmark and share. My three expert contributors will be joining me this afternoon on Clubhouse to discuss the topic and answer your questions! Here’s a link to that event, which starts at 4 pm ET, 1 pm PT.
Home fitness rooms are growing in popularity and sophistication.
(PHOTO: BARBARA CHANCEY DESIGN)
I was thrilled to be quoted in the Washington Post in December. The story was about making your space work for you by a reporter with a unique living situation. I loved sharing insights with her, and having my ideas shared in such a prominent publication.
Coming to Clubhouse TODAY!!!
Rev up your fitness goals with home fitness space planning ideas. That will be the focus of my first Clubhouse convo of 2023! Hope you’ll join us. The discussion takes place THIS AFTERNOON at 4 pm EST, 1 pm PST (and all the related time zones). I hope you’ll join us. Bring your exercise space questions.
COMING IN 2023
- 1/4 Creating Home Fitness Rooms
- 1/18 Healthy Home Improvements with Best ROI
- 2/15 Wellness Benefits of Fire Features (Fireplaces, Fire Tables, Fire Pits, Etc.)
- 3/1 Kitchen & Bath Industry & Builder’s Show Recap
- 3/15 Designing for Dementia
- 4/5 Coverings Show Preview
- 5/17 Wellness Benefits of Water Features (Swim Spas, Fountains, Pools, Etc.)
What other topics do you want to hear about in the new year? Comment below and let me know.
PAST CLUBHOUSE RECORDINGS
Here are links to Clubhouse recordings from past sessions.
- 12/7 Best Healthy Home Upgrades for 2023 — Recording Link
- 11/16 Top Kitchen & Bath Design Trends — Recording Link
- 11/2 Creating Serene Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 10/19 Creating a Quieter Home — Recording Link
- 9/21 Creating Great Garage Spaces — Recording Link
- 9/7 Smart Home Innovations — Recording Link
- 8/17 Creating Healthy Work from Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/3 Creating Healthy Back to School Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 7/20 Wellness Benefits of Co-living — Recording Link
- 7/6 Beat the Heat — Recording Link
- 6/15 Designing with Plants — Recording Link
- 6/1 Wellness Design and Pets — Recording Link
- 5/18 Wellness Design and Art — Recording Link
- 5/4 Spa Bathrooms — Recording Link
- 4/20 Wellness Design and Appliances — Recording Link
- 3/16 Healthy Bedroom Spaces — Recording Link
- 3/2 Wellness Design and Tile Trends — Recording Link
- 2/16 Wellness Design and Autism — Recording Link
- 2/2 New Technology Ideas — Recording Link
- 1/19 Healthy Pantry Spaces — Recording Link
- 1/5 Top 2022 Wellness Design Trends — Recording Link
- Find these links on their new archive page!
Gold Dust will return soon!