It’s cold and flu season. Yay (not). I usually catch a bug this time of year, along with almost everyone else, but I’m hoping that reduced contact with the public, fewer shopping trips and fortifying my immune system with a flu shot, zinc and vitamins D and C will keep the seasonal bogeyman at bay. The fact that I live alone means I’m not spreading germs to anyone else at home, or getting anyone else’s germs here. That may not be the case where you live. If your household has members besides yourself, (particularly members who work outside the home or are attending in-person classes), my latest article for Design Milk on adding hands-free features like faucets and light fixtures can be helpful in keeping everyone healthier this cold and flu season.
Hands-free faucets are available for bathrooms and kitchens.
(Photo courtesy of Brizo; Photographer: Gary Sparks Photography, Inc.)
- If you missed my Coronado Public Library Your Home and Your Health author talk, you can catch it for a limited time here on YouTube.
- Better Homes & Gardens shared 2021 bathroom design trends, including my insights. You can read that here.
- I was delighted to share wellness design insights on a nationally-syndicated radio show, Around the House with Eric G. You can listen to that here.
- Christie’s International Real Estate included my tips in its article on creating a homeschool space. You can read it here on the firm’s Luxury Defined website.
- Shreveport Times book reviewer Judy Christie included Wellness by Design in her holiday gift list. You can check that out here.
EASY HOLIDAY GIFT IDEA
My new Wellness by Design book is the perfect holiday gift this year. It’s also great for housewarmings, new baby gifts, weddings and other non-holiday occasions.) May I suggest buying through one of the independent booksellers in your area? You can do that via Bookshop.org or Indie Bound to help your community’s small business owners while shopping from the safety and convenience of your home. (It’s also available through Amazon Prime and other national chains.)
UPDATED COVID GUIDE
Covid is surging across the country and around the world. To protect yourself and your loved ones, please download the updated version of my FREE Healthy Home Tips guide.
This will be the last Gold Notes blog post of 2020. Much more to come in the new year to enhance your health and home!