One of my maxims is that your home can support — or sabotage — your health and fitness goals. Here are six popular design trends that I don’t think necessarily enhance wellness from one of my recent Forbes.com pieces. Are they features you’re looking at for your redo? If so, check out both my reasoning and my suggested “modifications” to make them safer and/or healthier.
A quick image search for “luxury bathroom” brings up a bunch of pics that I find particularly troublesome on the wellness front. Here’s an example. Click through to the piece above to find out what and why!
I was delighted to have my article included in this roundup of a guild’s favorite articles on Feng Shui.
- Small Appliances for Healthy Eating — Subscribe to get notified when it goes live after Labor Day!
- The video will also be available on my Instagram feed.
- The download will show up on the right column of Gold Notes, and on top of the site later this month.
- There will be a Clubhouse conversation on the topic October 6!
These are all of the past and upcoming WELLNESS WEDNESDAYS events on the Clubhouse app. All are scheduled for 4 PM Eastern/1 PM Pacific the first and third week of the month! Hope you’ll join us for one or more. In case you can’t make it, I’ll be sharing links to the recordings afterward, as you’ll see below.
- 6/2 Smart Homes / Healthy Homes — Recording Link!
- 6/16 Home Fitness Spaces — Recording Link!
- 7/7 DIY-Friendly Outdoor Wellness Design — Recording Link!
- 7/21 Healthy Kid Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/4 Healthy Work from Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/18 Smart Home CEDIA Expo Preview — Recording Link
- 9/1 Great Grill Centers (in time for Labor Day) — Recording Link
- 9/15 Laundry and Flex Rooms
- 10/6 Small Appliances for Healthy Living
- 10/20 Drink to Your Health (Home Beverage Centers)
- 11/3 Healthy Holiday Entertaining at Home
- 11/17 Self-Care Home Spaces
- 12/1 Wellness Design-Inspired Gift Ideas
- 12/15 Healthy Home-inspired Resolutions
Gold Dust will return with new links next week!