I’m not a marijuana enthusiast. Never have been. It’s not that I haven’t had the opportunity to try quality product. I’ve just never enjoyed it and I sure don’t need more sweets cravings! Millions of others do enjoy consuming this drug though, (even more than cigarettes now!) and as long as they’re not smoking around me, I have no problem with that. This lack of judgment is probably a good thing, because I think the number of Americans who indulge is going to grow significantly — as it did with states legalizing consumption these past years — if the White House decriminalizes marijuana as announced this week.
In my latest Forbes.com piece, I predict a growing segment of the wellness design craft will be focused on creating residential cannabis consumption and cultivation spaces. I also share the risks of an uninformed or misinformed DIY setup. (Hint: You really don’t want to stink up or, worse, blow up, your home!) So if you’re one of those folks who not only want to smoke your own, but grow your own too, this post’s for you!
(Photo Credit: Pixabay)
Coming next week to Clubhouse!
No Wellness Wednesdays this week, but please save the date for our next one. My guest moderators and I will be talking about ways to reduce noise in your home — both from inside and out. The convo takes place at 4 pm EST, 1 pm PST (and all the related time zones) on Wednesday, October 19. I hope you’ll join us.
- 10/19 Creating a Quieter Home
- 11/2 Creating Serene Home Spaces
- 11/16 Top Kitchen & Bath Design Trends
- 12/7 Best Healthy Home Improvements for 2023
What topics do you want to hear about in the new year? Comment below and let me know.
Past Clubhouse Recordings
Here are links to Clubhouse recordings from past sessions.
- 9/21 Creating Great Garage Spaces — Recording Link
- 9/7 Smart Home Innovations — Recording Link
- 8/17 Creating Healthy Work from Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/3 Creating Healthy Back to School Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 7/20 Wellness Benefits of Co-living — Recording Link
- 7/6 Beat the Heat — Recording Link
- 6/15 Designing with Plants — Recording Link
- 6/1 Wellness Design and Pets — Recording Link
- 5/18 Wellness Design and Art — Recording Link
- 5/4 Spa Bathrooms — Recording Link
- 4/20 Wellness Design and Appliances — Recording Link
- 3/16 Healthy Bedroom Spaces — Recording Link
- 3/2 Wellness Design and Tile Trends — Recording Link
- 2/16 Wellness Design and Autism — Recording Link
- 2/2 New Technology Ideas — Recording Link
- 1/19 Healthy Pantry Spaces — Recording Link
- 1/5 Top 2022 Wellness Design Trends — Recording Link
- 6/2 Smart Homes / Healthy Homes — Recording Link
- 6/16 Home Fitness Spaces — Recording Link
- 7/7 DIY-Friendly Outdoor Wellness Design — Recording Link
- 7/21 Healthy Kid Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/4 Healthy Work from Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/18 Smart Home CEDIA Expo Preview — Recording Link
- 9/1 Great Grill Centers (in time for Labor Day) — Recording Link
- 9/15 Laundry and Flex Rooms — Recording Link
- 10/6 Small Appliances for Healthy Living — Recording Link
- 10/20 Healthy Beverage Centers — Recording Link
- 11/3 Healthy Holiday Entertaining at Home — Recording Link
- 11/17 Self Care Spaces — Recording Link
- 12/1 Healthy Home Holiday Gift Ideas (And Pro Shopping Tips) — Recording Link
- 12/15 Achieving Your New Year’s Resolutions with Wellness Design — Recording Link
Gold Dust will return soon with more links from around the web. I enjoy sharing them and hope you find them valuable.