I painted my office walls deep red when I first moved in. I chose this color for its warmth and vibrancy — and to extend the color of the patio walls just beyond to create an indoor-outdoor connection. I still love this color. And I write in my latest Forbes.com article why Pantone’s 2023 Viva Magenta Color of the Year might be a great choice for your work from home space too. There are other places, like kitchens, to incorporate this energetic hue. Check out tips from the pros here.
Magenta adds energy and sass to a space
(Photo: Häcker Kitchen)
California is looking for ways to increase its stock of affordable housing. One of its strategies incorporates new legislation to allow units to be built in commercial zones and adapted from nonresidential spaces. Here’s my latest for Multi-Housing News on what experts in the real estate development world think about the new law’s potential.
Today is the 10th anniversary of the Sandy Hook massacre. I wrote about preventing gun violence recently for Next Avenue and am sharing it again here.
Coming to Clubhouse in January:
Rev up your fitness goals with home fitness space planning ideas. That will be the focus of my first Clubhouse convo of 2023! Hope you’ll join us. The discussion takes place on January 4th at 4 pm EST, 1 pm PST (and all the related time zones). I hope you’ll join us.
COMING IN 2023
- 1/4 Creating Home Fitness Rooms
- 1/18 Healthy Home Improvements with Best ROI
- 3/1 Kitchen & Bath Industry & Builder’s Show Recap
- 3/15 Designing for Dementia
- 4/5 Coverings Show Preview
- 5/17 Wellness Benefits of Water Features (Swim Spas, Fountains, Pools, Etc.)
What other topics do you want to hear about in the new year? Comment below and let me know.
PAST CLUBHOUSE RECORDINGS
Here are links to Clubhouse recordings from past sessions.
- 12/7 Best Healthy Home Upgrades for 2023 — Recording Link
- 11/16 Top Kitchen & Bath Design Trends — Recording Link
- 11/2 Creating Serene Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 10/19 Creating a Quieter Home — Recording Link
- 9/21 Creating Great Garage Spaces — Recording Link
- 9/7 Smart Home Innovations — Recording Link
- 8/17 Creating Healthy Work from Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/3 Creating Healthy Back to School Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 7/20 Wellness Benefits of Co-living — Recording Link
- 7/6 Beat the Heat — Recording Link
- 6/15 Designing with Plants — Recording Link
- 6/1 Wellness Design and Pets — Recording Link
- 5/18 Wellness Design and Art — Recording Link
- 5/4 Spa Bathrooms — Recording Link
- 4/20 Wellness Design and Appliances — Recording Link
- 3/16 Healthy Bedroom Spaces — Recording Link
- 3/2 Wellness Design and Tile Trends — Recording Link
- 2/16 Wellness Design and Autism — Recording Link
- 2/2 New Technology Ideas — Recording Link
- 1/19 Healthy Pantry Spaces — Recording Link
- 1/5 Top 2022 Wellness Design Trends — Recording Link
- Find these links on their new archive page!
Here are some links that you might find interesting and helpful on wellness and related topics. Enjoy!
- Health-related: Birdwatching has big mental health benefits. Here’s how to start. (Time Magazine)
- Health-related: Meditation Benefits (Global Wellness Institute)