Did you know that 92 percent of adults who set New Year’s Resolutions fail to achieve them? I came across this nugget while researching my latest story on the topic for Forbes.com. It didn’t surprise me much. I’ve failed in the past. Odds are, you have too.
I learned that our homes have a powerful role to play in supporting — or sabotaging — our success. That’s what this post is about. I hope you’ll find the points on five of the most popular resolutions helpful. The contributors I quote in the piece will be my guests on today’s WELLNESS WEDNESDAYS Clubhouse conversation. You can participate by clicking this link from your smart phone.
Planning a designated home fitness area can support your 2022 exercise resolutions.
[INTER IKEA SYSTEMS B.V. // WELLNESS BY DESIGN (TILLER PRESS, 2020, © J. GOLD)]
HUGE BOOK NEWS!
Judges’ comment: “The author is a space designer versus a real estate professional, and she has produced a lovely eye-candy book – could be coffee-table material yet happens to be loaded with wisdom. She gives a good examination of emerging trends geared toward younger readers, with lots of emphasis on spaces for workouts for athletes, while including information valuable to seniors and people with disabilities.”
The judges are journalists and editors at the top newspapers and websites in the country, so it’s a tremendous statement about my work!
HOLIDAY SALE – GIFT IDEA!
Amazon has a fabulous SALE going on right now for my Wellness by Design book, making it your easiest holiday gift for friends, family members, teachers and everyone else on your list! Each chapter has FREE or low-cost home improvements someone can add even if renting!
Have you started thinking about your New Year’s Resolutions for 2022 yet? Today’s WELLNESS WEDNESDAYS Clubhouse event will look at the most popular goals and show you ways your home can help you achieve them. (Most people fail, not for lack of effort, but because they haven’t set the scene for success.) It’ll be a good opportunity to ask your questions and share your own ideas. It starts at 4 pm Eastern / 1 pm Pacific. Hope you’ll come check it out — no hair or makeup fixes needed!
- 12/15 Healthy Home-inspired Resolutions
- 1/5 2022 Wellness Design Forecast
- 1/19 Creating Healthy Pantry Spaces
- 2/2 Wellness Design and Technology
- 2/16 Wellness Design and Autism
- 3/2 Tile Trends and Wellness Design
- 3/16 Creating Healthy Bedrooms
PAST CLUBHOUSE RECORDINGS
Here are links to Clubhouse recordings from past sessions:
- 6/2 Smart Homes / Healthy Homes — Recording Link!
- 6/16 Home Fitness Spaces — Recording Link!
- 7/7 DIY-Friendly Outdoor Wellness Design — Recording Link!
- 7/21 Healthy Kid Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/4 Healthy Work from Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/18 Smart Home CEDIA Expo Preview — Recording Link
- 9/1 Great Grill Centers (in time for Labor Day) — Recording Link
- 9/15 Laundry and Flex Rooms — Recording Link
- 10/6 Small Appliances for Healthy Living — Recording Link
- 10/20 Healthy Beverage Centers — Recording Link
- 11/3 Healthy Holiday Entertaining at Home — Recording Link
- 11/17 Self Care Spaces — Recording Link
- 12/1 Healthy Home Holiday Gift Ideas (And Pro Shopping Tips) — Recording Link
Check out my Clubhouse video preview, highlighting what’s coming for January to March 2022 here.
Have you caught my 10 Healthy Home Holiday Gift Ideas video yet? This FAST FACTS clip is two minutes of popular gifts — and bonus retail and online shopping tips!
I’m a pretty avid reader on wellness-related topics and decided to share some of the riches I’m finding with my Gold Notes readers. Here are a couple of links you might find interesting and helpful:
- Home Safety: How to prepare for climate disasters (SFGate)
- Home Security: Smart home devices convenient, but can be vulnerable to hacks (San Diego Union-Tribune)