I’m not a rabid Royals watcher, but I’ve enjoyed reading about Queen Elizabeth II over the years, watching her appearances on television, and serendipitously had the pleasure of celebrating her 50th Jubilee while celebrating my first wedding anniversary in London. My ex and I were staying at the Royal Air Force Lodge on Green Park. There was a huge screen set up there so Londoners (and visitors like us) could watch the festivities at nearby Buckingham Palace from the lawn. So we did!
Fast forward two decades and the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee is still fresh in everyone’s minds while her royal funeral gets underway. So I took the occasion to ponder her taste, style and influence on home design with three design industry leaders. I hope you enjoy this look at her private quarters, gardens and, yes, those irrepressible pups she loved so much!
The gardens at Balmoral Castle in Scotland were among the Queen’s favorite places to relax
Coming next week to Clubhouse!
Join me and my guest moderators for ideas on improving your garage for hobbies, fitness, socializing or just welcoming you home. The convo takes place at 4 pm EST, 1 pm PST (and all the related time zones) on Wednesday, September 21. I hope you’ll join us.
Past Clubhouse Recordings
Here are links to Clubhouse recordings from past sessions.
- 9/7 Smart Home Innovations — Recording Link
- 8/17 Creating Healthy Work from Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/3 Creating Healthy Back to School Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 7/20 Wellness Benefits of Co-living — Recording Link
- 7/6 Beat the Heat — Recording Link
- 6/15 Designing with Plants — Recording Link
- 6/1 Wellness Design and Pets — Recording Link
- 5/18 Wellness Design and Art — Recording Link
- 5/4 Spa Bathrooms — Recording Link
- 4/20 Wellness Design and Appliances — Recording Link
- 3/16 Healthy Bedroom Spaces — Recording Link
- 3/2 Wellness Design and Tile Trends — Recording Link
- 2/16 Wellness Design and Autism — Recording Link
- 2/2 New Technology Ideas — Recording Link
- 1/19 Healthy Pantry Spaces — Recording Link
- 1/5 Top 2022 Wellness Design Trends — Recording Link
- 6/2 Smart Homes / Healthy Homes — Recording Link
- 6/16 Home Fitness Spaces — Recording Link
- 7/7 DIY-Friendly Outdoor Wellness Design — Recording Link
- 7/21 Healthy Kid Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/4 Healthy Work from Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/18 Smart Home CEDIA Expo Preview — Recording Link
- 9/1 Great Grill Centers (in time for Labor Day) — Recording Link
- 9/15 Laundry and Flex Rooms — Recording Link
- 10/6 Small Appliances for Healthy Living — Recording Link
- 10/20 Healthy Beverage Centers — Recording Link
- 11/3 Healthy Holiday Entertaining at Home — Recording Link
- 11/17 Self Care Spaces — Recording Link
- 12/1 Healthy Home Holiday Gift Ideas (And Pro Shopping Tips) — Recording Link
- 12/15 Achieving Your New Year’s Resolutions with Wellness Design — Recording Link
I’m a pretty avid reader on wellness-related topics and decided to share some of the riches I’m finding with my Gold Notes readers. Here are a few links you might find interesting and helpful:
- Organizing-related: Why Watching Decluttering Videos Feels So Good (Wired)
- Wellness-related: How a mattress in a box left one family with health issues and $20,000 in damages (Los Angeles Times)
- Organization-related: Banish bathroom clutter (New York Times via San Diego Union-Tribune)