July 2015 is Gold Notes‘ seventh anniversary month. What a long, fun trip it’s been! Much has changed in my life since starting my blog in July 2008, and I’ve shared most of it with you in my weekly posts. Here are seven highlights to toast the occasion:
Happy birthday, Gold Notes!
(Photo Courtesy: New Paradise/Amazon Seller)
- I relocated from Florida back to California and moved into Chez J, my San Diego area townhouse. Living in San Diego was the fulfillment of a two-decades-old dream.
- I became a member of Brizo’s Blogger 19 and Blanco’s Design Council. Both have taken me to fabulous destinations!
- I got active and healthy again, losing 100 pounds in the process. Here’s how I did it.
- I wrote my first book, New Kitchen Ideas That Work, published by Taunton Press in 2012.
- I was privileged to join Tile of Spain and Ceramics of Italy on trips to their nation’s leading tile shows in 2012 and 2013.
- I earned my Certified Kitchen Designer certification in 2013.
- I started writing my second book, New Bathroom Idea Book, this year with the same publisher. It is currently scheduled for a 2017 release.