What are you grateful for this year? I have so much abundance in my life — great friends, great family, great career, great place to live. I appreciate all of it. I hope you have much to toast tomorrow too. Even just being alive this year is cause for celebration. If you have a table full of loved ones and delicious food tomorrow, enjoy the moment. Then be conscientious…
If you’re a California resident like me, you’ve probably already started diverting your food scraps for composting. The state passed a law that took effect this year, though condo communities like mine aren’t fully implemented yet. If you don’t have a full composting setup like one of my past clients – or a full garden to take advantage of this bounty – your approach is going to be more minimal, like mine.
My latest Forbes.com piece looks at your kitchen-based options for making composting more convenient and, dare I say it, more designer-friendly too!
Built-in countertop receptacles are a sleek, sustainable option for your remodel
(Photo Courtesy: BLANCO)
Here’s my annual year-end wrap-up/forecast for Kitchen & Bath Design News on the latest trends. This column tied into my latest Clubhouse event. Here’s a link to the recording from our November 16 conversation. If you’re planning to update your kitchen in the new year, I recommend giving it a listen.
Large islands that can be used for dining, studying, working are a continuing trend
(Photo: Toll Brothers)
Here are three of my Forbes.com pieces from last year that could be helpful in hosting your holidays this season too — without losing your sanity!
- Add self-care to your life this holiday season with wellness design
- Small kitchen appliances help support healthy cooking needs
- Pro tips for 2021 holiday shopping and healthy home gift ideas
NB: Reading these three links and the featured post will max you out on Forbes.com reads for the month. You can subscribe if you wish for as little as $6.99 or — best deal — $29.99 for the year.
GOLD DUST — HOLIDAY EDITION
In honor of Thanksgiving, I’m sharing links to help you with your holiday cooking and entertaining this week.
- Cooking-related: Best portable induction burners (New York Times Wirecutter)
- Cooking-related: Best induction-friendly cookware (Delish)
- Cooking-related: Best air fryers (Mod Daily)
- Bedroom-related: Best organic sheets (The Spruce)
Coming next to Clubhouse on December 7:
My guest moderators and I will be talking about the best healthy home upgrades for the new year. The convo takes place on December 7 at 4 pm EST, 1 pm PST (and all the related time zones). I hope you’ll join us. This will be the last Clubhouse of 2022.
COMING IN 2023
- 1/4 Creating Home Fitness Rooms
- 1/18 Healthy Home Improvements with Best ROI
- 3/1 Kitchen & Bath Industry & Builder’s Show Recap
- 4/5 Coverings Show Preview
- 5/17 Wellness Benefits of Water Features (Swim Spas, Fountains, Pools, Etc.)
What other topics do you want to hear about in the new year? Comment below and let me know.
PAST CLUBHOUSE RECORDINGS
Here are links to Clubhouse recordings from past sessions.
- 11/16 Top Kitchen & Bath Design Trends — Recording Link
- 11/2 Creating Serene Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 10/19 Creating a Quieter Home — Recording Link
- 9/21 Creating Great Garage Spaces — Recording Link
- 9/7 Smart Home Innovations — Recording Link
- 8/17 Creating Healthy Work from Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/3 Creating Healthy Back to School Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 7/20 Wellness Benefits of Co-living — Recording Link
- 7/6 Beat the Heat — Recording Link
- 6/15 Designing with Plants — Recording Link
- 6/1 Wellness Design and Pets — Recording Link
- 5/18 Wellness Design and Art — Recording Link
- 5/4 Spa Bathrooms — Recording Link
- 4/20 Wellness Design and Appliances — Recording Link
- 3/16 Healthy Bedroom Spaces — Recording Link
- 3/2 Wellness Design and Tile Trends — Recording Link
- 2/16 Wellness Design and Autism — Recording Link
- 2/2 New Technology Ideas — Recording Link
- 1/19 Healthy Pantry Spaces — Recording Link
- 1/5 Top 2022 Wellness Design Trends — Recording Link
- Find these links on their new archive page!