Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. I love the celebration of gratitude, the fellowship of people I love, and the food. Especially the food! I knew this year would be different even before the pandemic, as the friends with whom I’ve shared almost every T’Day since 2013 had plans to move back to Canada. I could still spend it with the old friend who travels from Los Angeles every year to spend this holiday with us. It’s became our annual catch-up time and tradition. With the pandemic surging here, I reluctantly told him not to come this year. (He was getting up the nerve to tell me that he didn’t feel right traveling when I called him, so at least I didn’t have to feel guilty canceling.) My plans for Thursday are now a hike and eating something Thanksgiving-ish at home in my household of one. (I know, whoa is me.)
I hope your Thanksgiving is going to be a more joyful — and healthy one. Here are my recommendations for celebrating safely from my latest Forbes.com article. There are 10 suggestions in this piece for making your preparations easier and making your home and festivities healthier.
Don’t try to clean your entire house! Just focus on the areas necessary for safe cooking and entertaining
(Photo: Jamie Gold Kitchen, Bath and Wellness Design)
- I wrote about the top trends of 2020 and some 2021 projections for my latest Kitchen & Bath Design News Trend Spotting column. Here’s a link.
- I’m re-upping this piece on ways to avoid catching a cold with wellness design, since so many cold and flu symptoms overlap those of Covid. You can read it here.
- I’m also re-upping this piece on sanitizing your home safely, in case you do want to do some deep winter cleaning for the holidays. You can read that one here.
- I shared lots of tips for healthier home changes with Reader’s Digest Best Health magazine. You can read those here.
- It was fun visiting with Ali Wenzke on her Happy Moments IGTV show. Here’s a link to catch this 20-ish minute segment.
Save these dates:
- I’ll be giving a presentation on YOUR HOME AND YOUR HEALTH — THE FIVE FACETS OF WELLNESS DESIGN IN A PANDEMIC AND BEYOND on December 8, 2020 at 11 am PST/2 pm EST, hosted by the Coronado Public Library. Here’s the link to register for this FREE talk!
- I’ll be speaking at the first-ever virtual International Builders Show in February 2021. My session description is live now on the IBS site! The dates are 2/9 through 2/12. I’ll keep you posted as my slot is scheduled.
I’m always grateful for glowing reviews of my books. You can find them on Goodreads and Amazon. (I’d greatly appreciate your reviews too! Here’s a downloadable form to quickly and easily write one you can copy/paste onto your favorite book sites.)
Five Star Goodreads Review: “This is a great book that explores how simple changes to things like lighting, ventilation, storage, & outdoor space can make huge difference in how you feel every day.” — Nick Salenga (October 20, 2020)
I’m planning posts on creating a healthy, stylish poker room at home, hands-free products and their wellness design benefits, and 2021 design trend forecasts on Gold Notes. If you’re not already a subscriber, you can sign up at the bottom of this page. (Don’t worry, your info will never be shared or sold!).