We’re in the midst of a turbo-charged residential real estate market with properties getting multiple offers above asking price and getting snapped up almost as soon as they get listed. It’s been frustrating as a prospective homebuyer seeking to move from my townhouse to a single family home with fenced yard in the same San Diego neighborhood. Maybe you’re in the same situation.
One of the issues facing the real estate industry across the country, not just in my neck of the woods, is a shortage of housing, (especially affordable housing). It’s one of the six top issues with wellness design ramifications that I wrote about in my latest Forbes.com piece. You can read about all six here.
The need for more housing is a top 10 issue impacting the real estate industry.
(PHOTO COURTESY OF ELDORADO STONE // WELLNESS BY DESIGN (TILLER PRESS, 2020, © J. GOLD)
- I was delighted to be quoted in Better Homes & Gardens on the benefits of slow decorating. Here’s a link.
- Portable space heaters are a leading cause of home and apartment fires every year. Tragically, 17 people died this week when their high rise in the Bronx borough of New York City was filled with smoke after one of these units caught fire. If your living situation requires that you use one, please implement these safety tips to protect yourself, your family, your neighbors and your property from danger.
Coming Up On Clubhouse
Next Wednesday, January 19, I’ll be chatting with three pros on how to create a great, health-centric kitchen pantry. My guests include a certified master kitchen designer, a chef and the senior editor of Houzz. It starts at 4 pm Eastern / 1 pm Pacific. Hope you’ll come check it out — no hair or makeup fixes needed!
- 1/19 Creating Healthy Pantry Spaces
- 2/2 Wellness Design and Technology
- 2/16 Wellness Design and Autism
- 3/2 Top Tile Trends and Wellness Design
- 3/16 Healthy Bedroom Spaces
PAST CLUBHOUSE RECORDINGS
Here are links to Clubhouse recordings from past sessions:
- 1/5 Top 2022 Wellness Design Trends — Recording Link
- 6/2 Smart Homes / Healthy Homes — Recording Link!
- 6/16 Home Fitness Spaces — Recording Link!
- 7/7 DIY-Friendly Outdoor Wellness Design — Recording Link!
- 7/21 Healthy Kid Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/4 Healthy Work from Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/18 Smart Home CEDIA Expo Preview — Recording Link
- 9/1 Great Grill Centers (in time for Labor Day) — Recording Link
- 9/15 Laundry and Flex Rooms — Recording Link
- 10/6 Small Appliances for Healthy Living — Recording Link
- 10/20 Healthy Beverage Centers — Recording Link
- 11/3 Healthy Holiday Entertaining at Home — Recording Link
- 11/17 Self Care Spaces — Recording Link
- 12/1 Healthy Home Holiday Gift Ideas (And Pro Shopping Tips) — Recording Link
- 12/15 Achieving Your New Year’s Resolutions with Wellness Design — Recording Link
Check out my Clubhouse video preview, highlighting what’s coming for January to March 2022 here.
I’m a pretty avid reader on wellness-related topics and decided to share some of the riches I’m finding with my Gold Notes readers. Here are a few links you might find interesting and helpful:
- Organizing-related: Organizing Your Pantry in 6 Easy Steps (Zillow)
- Fitness-related: Walking a Thin Line — Treadmill Safety and Other Exercise Equipment Hazards (San Diego Union-Tribune)
- Organizing-related: Smart Moves Help Bring Order to Kids’ Bedrooms (San Diego Union-Tribune)