Tomorrow is Veteran’s Day. If you’ve served in the military, or serve today, thank you! I’m fortunate to have many friends who have. More than one has suffered from the invisible wounds of war, including post traumatic stress disorder and traumatic brain injuries.
Much has been learned in treating these vets, including in my field of wellness design. My annual Veteran’s Day post looks at healthy home features for coping with TBIs and PTSD. If it will help someone you love, please pass it along. If it helps you, please let me know! Here’s a link!
Blackout window coverings can help TBI patients avoid or reduce migraine suffering.
(PHOTO COURTESY OF SMITH & NOBLE, SMITHANDNOBLE.COM // WELLNESS BY DESIGN (TILLER PRESS, SEPTEMBER 2020) (C) J. GOLD)
Here are the next Clubhouse sessions coming up.
- 11/17 Self-Care Home Spaces
- 12/1 Wellness Design-Inspired Gift Ideas
- 12/15 Healthy Home-inspired Resolutions
- 1/5 2022 Wellness Design Forecast
- 1/19 Creating Healthy Pantry Spaces
Here are links to Clubhouse recordings from past sessions:
- 6/2 Smart Homes / Healthy Homes — Recording Link!
- 6/16 Home Fitness Spaces — Recording Link!
- 7/7 DIY-Friendly Outdoor Wellness Design — Recording Link!
- 7/21 Healthy Kid Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/4 Healthy Work from Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/18 Smart Home CEDIA Expo Preview — Recording Link
- 9/1 Great Grill Centers (in time for Labor Day) — Recording Link
- 9/15 Laundry and Flex Rooms — Recording Link
- 10/6 Small Appliances for Healthy Living — Recording Link
- 10/20 Healthy Beverage Centers — Recording Link
- NEW! 11/3 Healthy Holiday Entertaining at Home — Recording Link
Twitter Event Preview
Kitchens for Entertaining on KBtribechat next Wednesday!
I’m delighted to be guest-hosting another @KBtribechat on Twitter next week! And we’re giving away five copies of my WELLNESS BY DESIGN book, so you’re definitely going to want to participate! The date and time are November 17 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific. The sponsor is @Miele. The topic is Kitchens for Entertaining. The link isn’t live yet, but you can catch this fun Twitter chat regularly on Wednesdays here.
Gold Dust will return soon with new links for your home and health.
As you might have noticed, there’s a FREE DOWNLOAD available! Click here to get yourself a copy while it’s still live!
A month or so ago, I started requesting Amazon book reviews. I was at 16 and wanted to add to that while submitting Wellness by Design to a convention bookstore at the International Builders Show. I’m thrilled that it now has 48 reviews. Can you please help me get to 50? Here’s a link to the book’s Amazon page.
If my book is selected for the IBS Book Store, I’m going to do a drawing from my Book Launch Circle members. I’ll let you know as soon as I do. You might want to join the Circle in the meantime — so you don’t miss a shot at a free giveaway. (I’ve already given away a Kohler showerhead and GelPro mat for past winners.)
PS: I can’t give the particulars just yet, but I got word last weekend that the book has won a big time award! So stoked — and can’t wait to be able to officially announce the news.