I recently came across Dr. Josh Axe doing a PBS interview. I was fascinated by his ideas about collagen and asked his publisher for a copy of his latest book, The Collagen Diet (Little Brown, Spark). You’ll see in this latest post how some of his suggestions have a nexus to wellness design. Read about that in my latest Forbes.com article here.
Organizers that keep your supplements in easy reach help keep you on track.
(PHOTO COURTESY OF REV-A-SHELF LLC.)
There are times when posts and articles I’ve shared in the past have renewed relevance. With air quality being impacted by wildfires around the country, I thought this Forbes.com piece with its tips on dealing with smoke and ash could be helpful again at this time.
Save the Date!
I’m going to be a presenter at the San Diego Union-Tribune‘s 2021 Festival of Books on Saturday, August 21. I love this event and am excited to be invited to share tips on creating a healthy work from home space! I’ll let you know when my time slot has been confirmed. This event will be virtual again, so you don’t even have to leave your home to participate.
YouTube Video — New!
I created a YouTube channel more than a year ago and just uploaded my first video. It shares three of the 15 tips from my FREE Summer 2021 Fitness Goals download. Check it out here and let me know what you think!
PS: Would also appreciate if you’d subscribe. Thanks in advance.
Next up is a work from home conversation with two pros on creating a healthy home office/workspace. That happens TODAY! at 4 PM Eastern/1 PM Pacific. If you click the link below, it will help you join Clubhouse if you’re not already on and add the event to your calendarI
These are all of the past and upcoming Wellness Wednesdays events on the Clubhouse app. All are scheduled for 4 PM Eastern/1 PM Pacific the first and third week of the month! Hope you’ll join us for one or more. In case you can’t make it, I’ll be sharing links to the recordings afterward, as you’ll see below.
- 6/2 Smart Homes / Healthy Homes — Recording Link!
- 6/16 Home Fitness Spaces — Recording Link!
- 7/7 DIY-Friendly Outdoor Wellness Design — Recording Link!
- 7/21 Healthy Kid Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/4 Healthy Work from Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/18 Smart Home CEDIA Expo Preview
- 9/1 Great Grill Centers (in time for Labor Day)
- 9/15 Laundry and Flex Rooms
- 10/6 Coffee Stations
- 10/20 Tea Spaces
- 11/3 Wine Centers
I’m a pretty avid reader on wellness-related topics and decided to share some of the riches I’m finding with my Gold Notes readers. Here are a couple of links you might find interesting and helpful.
- Safety-Related: Two Million Dehumidifiers Recalled Due to Fire and Burn Hazards (Consumer Product Safety Commission)
- Nutrition-Related: Boost Your Energy and Immunity with these 13 Super “Blue” Foods (Blue Zones)
- Safety-Related: Renovator Shares Advice on Childproofing (Washington Post Syndicate)
- Comfort-Related: Consumer Experts Discuss Pros and Cons of Two Affordable Air Conditioning Options (Washington Post Syndicate)
- Health-Related: Surprising Ways You May be Getting Sun-Damaged Skin (Thrive Newsletter from Kaiser Permanente)