Air fryers are probably the hottest — no pun intended — home-related gift right now. It’s estimated that close to 40 percent of American homes have one. That’s good news! It means that people are looking for healthier ways to enjoy their favorite foods. I’m not a big fried food fan myself, so I haven’t bought myself one. If you’re looking for a way to enjoy fried chicken or French fries with less fat, air frying capability is a definite plus. There are numerous ways to get it, including countertop appliances and larger purchases, which I share in my latest Forbes.com piece, along with related costs. There’s even a freebie that thousands of folks just got word about. Are you one of them? You can read all of the air fryer insights here.
Air frying makes your favorite fried foods healthier
(Photo: GE Appliances)
It’s the time of year when we all look to enhance our health with new fitness goals. Especially this year, when so many have spent the last 15 months cooped up. Maybe you’re planning to run your first — or fastest — 5K. Maybe you’re going to bag your highest peak this summer. Whatever you’re planning, your home can support or sabotage your fitness goals. I created this new FREE download to help you get there with some room by room wellness by design tips.
GOLD DUST (NEW!)
I’m a pretty avid reader on wellness-related topics and decided to share some of the riches I’m finding with my Gold Notes readers. Here are some links you might find interesting and helpful from a variety of sources.
- Decluttering Tips for Couples (Washington Post)
- How Air Filtration Became the Most Important Feature in Our Homes (Real Simple)
- Strengthen Your Home Against Earthquakes (San Diego Union-Tribune)
There are new sessions scheduled (and planned) for my Wellness Wednesdays club on the Clubhouse app. These will be scheduled for 4 PM Eastern/1 PM Pacific the first and third week of the month! Here’s what’s scheduled or planned into the Fall. Hope you’ll join us for one or more. In case you can’t make it, I’ll be sharing links to the recordings afterward, as you’ll see below.
- 6/2 Smart Homes / Healthy Homes — Recording Link!
- 6/16 Home Fitness Spaces — Recording Link!
- 7/7 DIY-Friendly Outdoor Wellness Design
- 7/21 Healthy Kid Spaces
- 8/4 Healthy Work from Home Spaces — Just Added!
- 8/18 Smart Home CEDIA Expo Preview
- 9/1 Healthy Grilling (in time for Labor Day)
- 9/15 Laundry and Flex Rooms
- 10/6 Coffee Stations
- 10/20 Tea Spaces
- 11/3 Wine Centers
Save the Date!
I’m going to be a presenter at the San Diego Union-Tribune‘s 2021 Festival of Books on Saturday, August 21. I love this event and am excited to be invited to share tips on creating a healthy work from home space! I’ll let you know when my time slot has been confirmed. This event will be virtual again, so you don’t even have to leave your home to participate.
Here are some nuggets for my colleagues in the design and remodeling industries:
- The next monthly KB Designers Network Clubhouse wellness conversation is scheduled for Thursday, July 8 at 4:30 pm Pacific/7:30 pm Eastern. The topic will be luxury spaces with my dearest friend and trade show “husband” Dean Larkin, AIA as our special guest. Dean is a Los Angeles-based high end architect and one of my go-to guys on luxury trends! Here’s a link to the event. If you’re not yet on Clubhouse, that link will help you sign up faster. You can also add the event to your smart phone’s calendar that way. This is one of his gorgeous Hollywood Hills bathroom projects!
Check out the brilliance of architect Dean Larkin, AIA in our next KB Designers Network Clubhouse!
(Photo Courtesy: Dean Larkin Design)