My first-ever work from home space was an L-shaped desk in my Los Angeles kitchen. I was writing for several publications and corporate clients at that time – roughly 1989 to 1994 – from a one-bedroom apartment on a Mac SE.
My current WFH space is a dedicated writing studio in my San Diego townhouse. I love having only a two-story commute, and being able to leave work at the end of the day. What is your setup – and could it be healthier, more secure and more functional?
My latest piece covers the many ways to upgrade your work from home space, whether it’s a corner of your bedroom or its own room. Take a look and join the conversation with my expert sources this afternoon on Clubhouse (see link in SOCIAL GOLD below).
Upgrading your work from home space has many advantages
(Photo: Village West Design)
Happening TODAY on Clubhouse!
Join me and my guest moderators for a fun, informative hour on upgrading your work from home space. The convo takes place at 4 pm EST, 1 pm PST (and all the related time zones) TODAY! I hope you’ll join us.
- 8/17 Creating Healthy Work from Home Spaces
- 9/7 New Smart Home Technology and Wellness Design
- 9/21 Creating Great Garage Spaces
- 10/19 Designing for Hearing and Vision Loss
Past Clubhouse Recordings
Here are links to Clubhouse recordings from past sessions.
- 8/3 Creating Healthy Back to School Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 7/20 Wellness Benefits of Co-living — Recording Link
- 7/6 Beat the Heat — Recording Link
- 6/15 Designing with Plants — Recording Link
- 6/1 Wellness Design and Pets — Recording Link
- 5/18 Wellness Design and Art — Recording Link
- 5/4 Spa Bathrooms — Recording Link
- 4/20 Wellness Design and Appliances — Recording Link
- 3/16 Healthy Bedroom Spaces — Recording Link
- 3/2 Wellness Design and Tile Trends — Recording Link
- 2/16 Wellness Design and Autism — Recording Link
- 2/2 New Technology Ideas — Recording Link
- 1/19 Healthy Pantry Spaces — Recording Link
- 1/5 Top 2022 Wellness Design Trends — Recording Link
- 6/2 Smart Homes / Healthy Homes — Recording Link
- 6/16 Home Fitness Spaces — Recording Link
- 7/7 DIY-Friendly Outdoor Wellness Design — Recording Link
- 7/21 Healthy Kid Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/4 Healthy Work from Home Spaces — Recording Link
- 8/18 Smart Home CEDIA Expo Preview — Recording Link
- 9/1 Great Grill Centers (in time for Labor Day) — Recording Link
- 9/15 Laundry and Flex Rooms — Recording Link
- 10/6 Small Appliances for Healthy Living — Recording Link
- 10/20 Healthy Beverage Centers — Recording Link
- 11/3 Healthy Holiday Entertaining at Home — Recording Link
- 11/17 Self Care Spaces — Recording Link
- 12/1 Healthy Home Holiday Gift Ideas (And Pro Shopping Tips) — Recording Link
- 12/15 Achieving Your New Year’s Resolutions with Wellness Design — Recording Link
FREE “BEAT THE HEAT” DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE NOW
Heatwaves are wilting people, pets and plants across the country. How hot is it where you live? And when might it cool down? If you’re baking or steaming, take a minute to download my FREE one page Beat the Heat tip sheet for 14 ideas on staying cooler at home this summer.
Will return soon with more links from around the web!